— Brad Anderson, a longtime Microsoft company vice chairman, has joined Qualtrics as president of services.
A 17-year veteran of the Redmond firm, Anderson was most not too long ago a key Microsoft 365 chief, overseeing areas together with engineering and deployment of Home windows for giant companies, and PC and cell system safety. He joined Microsoft in 2003 as a basic supervisor after 12 years at Novell. He’s additionally the host of the video interview sequence, “The Shiproom.”
Anderson can be changed at Microsoft by Harvinder (Harv) Bhela, company vice chairman of Microsoft 365 Safety and Compliance, reports Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet.
He’s is considered one of a number of new executives introduced by Qualtrics as the corporate prepares to spin out from enterprise tech big SAP via an preliminary public providing. Based in Provo, Utah, Qualtrics employs greater than three,300 folks and established a co-headquarters in Seattle in 2017. Companies use its expertise administration platform to gather knowledge on how prospects, staff and others expertise their services, taking motion based mostly on the outcomes.
“Corporations which are deliberately designing and optimizing the experiences they supply are pulling forward. Leaders that use worker and buyer expertise knowledge are operating higher companies,” Anderson wrote on LinkedIn, saying his new function. “An expertise administration platform is not only additive, it’s important.”
Different government hires introduced by Qualtrics embrace:
• Stephanie Barton as managing director of the EMEA area. She was most not too long ago a VP at VMware.
• Former AT&T SVP Abhi Ingle as COO of income operations, pre-sales and business.
• Julia Anas as chief folks officer. Anas was beforehand VP of worker expertise at Adobe.
• Edward Chen as head of company growth and technique. He led company growth at Twilio for the previous 5 years.
• Gina Sheibley as chief communications officer. She was most not too long ago SVP of company communications at Salesforce.
Acquired by SAP for $eight billion in 2018, Qualtrics filed to go public in December at a valuation as much as $14.four billion. Final summer time, SAP mentioned it meant to spin out Qualtrics right into a public firm and would proceed to personal 80% of the corporate after the IPO. Qualtrics raised the expected price range for its IPO this week, saying it is going to be between $22 and $26 per share, up from $20 to $24 beforehand.
— San Francisco-based Databricks appointed former Axiom CEO Elena Donio to its board. The previous Concur government left her function as CEO at New York Metropolis-based Axiom final 12 months and returned to the West Coast. She continued to serve on Axiom’s board via 2020 however stepped down this month.
Donio additionally sits on the board of cloud communications platform Twilio. She spent greater than 18 years at Concur, most not too long ago as president.
— Former Microsoft Dynamics 365 CTO Sri Srinivasan joined Redwood, Calif.-based Zuora as chief product and engineering officer. The publicly-traded firm offers cloud-based software program for subscription companies.
Srinivasan spent greater than 12 years at Microsoft and is predicated in Redmond, Wash. He was most not too long ago SVP and GM of the group collaboration group at Cisco, which incorporates Webex Conferences.
— Seattle occasion expertise startup eventcore employed Chris Emerson as VP of gross sales and advertising and marketing. Based mostly within the San Francisco Bay Space, Emerson was most not too long ago a regional director for Cvent, a serious participant within the occasion administration expertise business.
Based in 1984, eventcore presently has 60 staff and supplied the registration platform for the all-virtual Shopper Electronics Present (CES).
Porter was beforehand a vice chairman at Moss Adams Capital and joined Cascadia Capital in 2017. He’s within the agency’s meals, beverage and agriculture group. Riendeau has been with Cascadia Capital for greater than a decade and is within the expertise group.
— Jonah-Kai Hancock has joined caller ID startup Hiya as head of digital demand technology. Hancock was most not too long ago head of promoting at Seattle startup Algorithmia and beforehand a advertising and marketing director at Tune, one other Seattle startup.
“Hiya already has a formidable roster of consumers and their development has accelerated over the previous a number of months as voice has change into much more important to how we join to one another,” Hancock advised GeekWire in an e mail.
Hiya spun out of Whitepages in 2016.
— Startup veteran Emily Carrion has landed at Bellevue, Wash.-based startup Esper as VP of promoting. Carrion was most not too long ago chief advertising and marketing officer at Rubica, which shut down late final 12 months. She beforehand led advertising and marketing at Seattle startups Textio, Apptentive and Mixpo.
Based in 2018 and led by ex-Microsoft and Amazon leaders, Esper raised a $7.6 million Collection A funding spherical led by Madrona Enterprise Group final 12 months. In a post on LinkedIn, Carrion mentioned everybody from the Rubica group has discovered new roles.
Different latest Tech Strikes from throughout the Pacific Northwest:
- Seattle-based AVM Biotechnology appointed Manon Cox as its new CEO and Gary Grohmann as chief regulatory officer. Founder and former CEO Theresa Deisher will stay chairman of the board and function president and chief scientific officer.
- Geologist Jon Major assumed the five-year put up because the scientist-in-charge of the U.S. Geological Survey Cascades Volcano Observatory, which displays volcanoes in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
- Everett, Wash.-based crewed submersible supplier OceanGate Expeditions introduced skilled Irish diver Rory Golden as an expeditionary skilled on its 2021 Titanic survey expedition.
- Comcast appointed Juan Key as senior director of enterprise growth in Washington, main a brand new built-in group liable for residential and business development alternatives.