Anxious Coolpad users, it’s time to taste madOS based on Android Oreo for your Coolpad Note 3 device. As usual, credits goes to Team M.A.D for releasing near bugless Oreo ROM. Team M.A.D stands for Mediatek Android Developers that has significantly contributed to bring custom ROM’s to source code less MTK smartphones.
Almost every device supported by Team M.A.D had received Oreo build, and today Coolpad Note 3 too got. The only device left is Coolpad Note 3 Lite which will be released by 1st January 2018.
Users are considering this as new year gift after a long 4 months wait. Also, M.A.D OS will be the first Oreo custom ROM for Coolpad Note 3.
MADOS for Coolpad Note 3 XDA thread
This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Coolpad Note 3 with MTK 6753 SoC. madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.
- Download ROM from this link
- Download OpenGapps nano or pico from download section
- Flash new mandatory new Oreo TWRP (available on downloads)
- Boot to the new TWRP recovery
- Perform Full wipe
- Install ROM(optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
- Optional: go to: wipe –> Advanced Wipe, tick ‘cache’ and click ‘repair or change File System’ –> change File System –> F2FS –> swipe to the right (hit back several times, and proceed the same way with ‘data’).
- Reboot System
- RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
- FM Radio
- All Sensors (including fingerprint)
- Lights; HW Keys
- Both storages & MTP
- HW de/encoding
- Camera (photos and video)
- GPS & aGPS
- madOS Extras (the features ya’all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: twrp
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-31
We are waiting for the users to send us the review. The best one will be chosen and featured on Savvydroid.