JioFi, the portable 4G routers from Jio recently added another device to its portfolio, the JioFi JMR815. The router has a unique design and more battery life compared to JioFi M2S and others. Let us see what JioFi JMR815 has to offer in this review. Yes, its available on Flipkart for just Rs 999.
JioFi JMR815 Specifications
|Max Download Speed||150 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||50 Mbps|
|Compatibility||Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, macOS,
Linux, All macOS, Android, iOS
|Connections||Up to 32 Devices (31 WiFi + 1 USB)|
|Memory||64GB with External SD Card|
|Supported Bands||FDD – Band 3, Band 5, and TDD Band 40|
Contents inside the box
The device comes in a cardboard box of different colors like Red and Blue. I received the Red Box and on opening you are greeted by the device front and center with accessories hidden behind it. The box contains following items:
- JioFi JMR815
- USB Cable
- Warranty Card
- Charging adapter
- User Manual and other necessary information
Physical Overview and Build Quality
JioFi JMR815 is small and lightweight and can easily fit in anyone’s hand. The front and rear panel are made of plastic with a glass bezel running along the edge. There are two physical buttons present on the edge, one button to power on/off device and another button for WPS Push. Three LED icons are also present that indicate battery status, Signal and Wi-Fi status.
The back panel can easily be removed which houses a 3,000 mAh battery. It has slots for MicroSD card and SIM card as well. I did face some difficulty while inserting the SIM card as we have to push the card inside a slot. After contacting Jio Care, they assured me that applying some pressure will not damage the slot. I won’t complain about the plastic used because for Rs 999 you can’t expect much.
Setting is as easy 1-2-3
One cool thing about all JioFi devices is the setup procedure. All you have to do is insert a working Jio SIM card in the slot by popping the battery from the back. Insert the battery and hold power button for 2-3 seconds to turn on the device. It can take up-to 20-30 seconds for the W-Fi to start. It’s worth noting that the back cover must be aligned to the charging port to make it fit perfectly. Also, note down the SSID and Password written on the box or inside the battery compartment.
Performance is too good
What can you expect from a device that has a massive 3,000 mAh battery? In our tests, I got surf time of around 7-8 hours under good network condition. The battery life entirely depends on network coverage. If the network conditions are bad you get around 5-6 hours which is not bad.
The device hardly heats up so you don’t have to worry about damaging the device because of thermal issues. You can connect up-to 31 devices at a time + 1 using USB cable. What truly makes JioFi JMR815 standout from other 4G routers is its ability to support most advanced LTE and LTE-A standards. There’s a ALT3800 chipset which is a CAT-4 high-speed broadband access and allows 150 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload speed.
Feature’s that I Loved
- Low cost:I can’t complain much about this device. Firstly, Jio tariff plans are so cheap and now they offering 4G routers for just Rs 999. Even Airtel 4G routers doesn’t offer so much features at same price.
- Jio4gVoice: Yes, we all use that app to make unlimited free calls on Jio network. Any Androiod/iOS users can download this app and connect to JioFi to enjoy Jio’s Voice and Video calling service. This is the main reason why small business’s are switching to JioFi instead of normal broadband connection.
- Zero competition: There are no other alternatives for JioFi JMR815 besides Airtel’s 4G Hotspot E5573Cs. However, Airtel 4G Hotspot E5573Cs allows only 10 devices to be connected at a time and has just 1,800 mAh battery.
- Portability: Last but not the least, anyone can just toss this device in a bag and roam around without worrying about smartphone battery life. I personally use JioFi and this has helped me extend phones battery life by at least half a day.
JioFi JMR815 is the most value for money 4G router
Stop searching for “best 4G routers” on Google and get the new JioFi JMR815. Here are 5 reasons why you should buy the new JioFi:
- Cut down electricity bill significantly.
- One device, One recharge.
- Small companies who are not willing to invest for a separate landline connection
- Always travelling
- Conscious about smartphone battery