OnePlus 6, the latest flagship smartphone from Chinese manufacturer OnePlus was launched few weeks back. The sale records tore apart all previous record set by other smartphones. Here’s some good news, Android P Beta is now available for OnePlus 6. So how to install Android P on OnePlus 6?
OnePlus 6 Android P Beta Update
The build is under beta testing and there will be tonnes of bugs. We won’t recommend average users to flash the update unless you are desperate to taste Android P. The installation is pretty straightforward.
- From you OnePlus or PC, go to Official OnePlus Forum and download the firmware.
- Move the downloaded file to the root directory of your device (by root directory we mean highest order directory)
- Navigate to Settings->System Updates
- On the top right, you will see a “gear icon“. Click on that.
- Now tap on Local Upgrade
- Locate and select the firmware from the root directory.
- Tap “Install now“
It’s a good practice to factory reset a smartphone after an OS upgrade. We recommend you to do the same with OnePlus 6.
- Turn off the device after the update
- Hold power button and volume buttons simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Your device will be wiped now
- Once wiping is done, tap “Reboot System“
Viola!! You have successfully upgraded your new OnePlus 6 to latest Android P. If you want to revert to Android Oreo then simply follow these steps.
Some known bugs in the Beta Android P build are:
1. VoLTE does not work
2. Compatibility issues of Bluetooth connectivity
3. Wi-Fi SoftAP device manager is not functional
4. Camera slow motion function is unstable
5. Face Unlock function is not available temporarily
6. Widevine L1 Does not work for now