Xiaomi Mi A1, a device that was partnered with Google under Android one program drew a lot of criticism for disabling FM Radio app. This is because of some issues in countries like US and Canada. However, it can be enabled by one of the following methods. You don’t need any root access to activate FM radio. So lets find out how you can enable FM in Mi A1.
Method 1: Nova Launcher
This is the most preferred method as it is easier to understand and can be done by any user.
- Install “Nova Launcher” app from Play Store. Press Home button and select “Nova” as default.
- Long press on any empty area on your home screen and tap on “Widgets“
- Select “Activities” and drag the icon to the homescreen.
- Scroll down, select “QMMI” and select “.framework.MainActivity“.
- Rename it to “Radio” and change icon if needed.
- Insert your earphones/headphones. Open the shortcut, scroll down and select Option 35 “FM“.
- Tap on “Search” to tune and go to next channel.
- Tap on “Fail” to disable radio
Method 2: Quick Shortcut Maker
This method doesn’t works on all Mi A1 smartphones, especially ones that are running Android Oreo with January Security update. In case it works, let us know in the comments.
- Install “QuickShortcutMaker” app from Play Store.
- Open app, In “Activities” search or scroll down and select “QMMI“, tap on the red icon.
- Select the “com.qualcomm.qti.qmmi.framework.MainActivity“.
- Tap “QMMI“, change name to “Radio” and change icon if needed.
- Tap on the “Star” on the top right corner to save it in “Favorites” section.
- Insert your headphones/earphones , Select “Try“, scroll down and select Option 35 “FM“.
- Tap on “Search” to tune and go to next channel, tap on “Fail” to disable radio.
- Go back and tap on “Create“, it will create a shortcut on your homescreen/app drawer.
Method 3: Using Dialer
- Dial *#*#6484#*#* on your Xiaomi Mi A1, and it will open Hardware Test Mode on Your Device,
- Now Just Scroll Down to the Bottom and Your will find FMRadio option, Just tap on that, and it will ask to insert earphone.
- Plug in the earphone and navigate the channels with the backward and forward button appeared on your device.
Hope you found this useful. Want a regular dose of quality tech news? Subscribe to our push notification. Do you have a vast knowledge about technology? Join our group and share it!