WhatsApp is the most popuar instant messaging app. You can add contacts and send them messages, make calls, transfer medias and much more. However, one feature this app lacks is sending messages to contacts without saving them. It can be annoying at times when you need to message someone but they aren’t saved in your contacts. There’s a workaround for this, lets find out how.
WhatsApp chat without adding a contact
Last year we had told how you can do this by using a third party app. But today there is an even simpler method. Instead of using third party apps that eat up your storage, we will be using WhatsApp API.
The process might seem confusing for inexperienced smartphone users. But once you complete the process one time, it will be a piece of cake every time after that.
- Open any web browser on your smartphone
- Type the following link in the search bar: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=XXXXXXXXXXX (where X’s is the phone number of the person you want to contact, including the country code, but without the + sign)
- This means that if the person has an Indian number (+91 prefix), it would look something like this: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=911234567890
- Hit search
- A WhatsApp windows will be opened with standard interface.
- Viola!! You can start sending messages now
We want WhatsApp to add this feature wherein users can directly enter the number with whom they want to chat. We also mentioned some features that needs to introduced asap this year.