If you love developing custom ROMs then this is a perfect news for you. Xiaomi announced on the forum, “Our dedicated team has worked hard and today we are announcing the release of kernel sources for our Android One device Mi A1,”.
This means developers can now start compiling custom ROMs for Mi A1, which undoubtedly is the best device under Rs 15k. One of biggest features of Android OS is open source. The entire source code of operating system is available for free, for developers.
Do note that you must unlock your bootloader for flashing custom ROMs. Usually doing so can void your warranty, But then Developers exist for this purpose only. Voiding warranty, developing custom ROMs and distributing to other users free of cost.
Companies like OnePlus allow developers to unlock the bootloader without tampering warranty. So they can flash custom ROMs onto their phones. And yeah, Xiaomi too confirmed you can unlock bootloader without affecting warranty.
Mi A1 facts
- It was the first Android One device from Xiaomi
- Sports a dual rear camera setup which has capabilities to click DSLR like photos.
- Has 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Runs Android Nougat 7.1.2 out-of the box
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa core with max clock speed of 2.0 GHz
- Android 8.0 Oreo is already out
- Xiaomi has even promised Android P
- Currently, Mi A1 is the best selling smartphone.
Buy Mi A1 from Flipkart
Own an Mi A1? Send us a short review and we will feature it on Savvydroid