Finally after a long wait WhatsApp has launched its most awaited product of this year- WhatsApp Business. WhatsApp Business will be a separate entity than its regular instant messaging app. It is built and developed with the sole purpose of to ease the communication between the businesses and their client/customer, on a personal level in the form of chat.
As of now, this service is only available for small businesses. But WhatsApp have plans to extend the usability of similar services to bigger enterprises. However they might charge for the use of certain tools that will help them in analyzing and improving their business.
How to begin with WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp business is totally a separate app that needs to be downloaded in addition to the normal messaging app. But the user will have to register the app using a different number(preferable to use the business number). Sad news that only Android user can take advantage of this app as its available only on Google’s Play Store.
According to the company’s blog, the application will soon roll out in most countries in the coming few weeks. “WhatsApp Business is available today and free to download on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K and the U.S. The app is rolling out around the world in the coming weeks,” states the blog. This means the app is currently unavailable in India.
SEE ALSO: WhatsApp Spammers beware of this feature
What are the features of WhatsApp Business?
- The owner of the account or the business will be able to setup an elaborate profile with crucial information like website, location, contacts etc.
- An Away feature will leave a preset message for the customer texting you out of business hours. The message can even contain instructions or answers to frequently asked questions.
- A business account can also be setup using a landline phone number. The account holder will only have to choose the “call me” option at the verification step.
- The account holder can also use WhatsApp Web for additional efficiency in interacting with customers/clients.
- WhatsApp Business will allow these accounts to analyse user activity on a mass level. For instance, they can know the number of messages that have been read.
- Other than these, the application will have all the features found on the normal messenger app.
Also people won’t be able to restore normal messenger chats on the WhatsApp business. The blog stated that there wont be any major changes in the normal messenger and people can continue using WhatsApp normally.The official blog states “people can continue using WhatsApp as usual – there’s no need to download anything new. And people will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.”