At the end of 2017, team M.A.D finally fulfilled Coolpad Note 3 Lite user’s hunger for Oreo ROM. The ROM is madOS v2.1 based on Android Oreo 8.1.0. Previously on the same day, M.A.D had also released madOS for Coolpad Note 3 users, lite users were sure that they too would get a chance to taste Oreo.
madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support. Since Team M.A.D don’t own Coolpad Note 3 Lite, they still managed to give a near stable build for the users. There are some major bugs that we will be hunting over a next few days.
Note: Do check the bugs listed at the end. Don’t simply flash the ROM without reading full instructions
madOS Oreo for Coolpad note 3 Lite XDA thread
This is an Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Coolpad Note 3 lite with MTK 6735 SoC. madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.
- Download ROM from madOS_coolpad_note3_lite
- Download OpenGapps nano or pico from here: Gapps by MAD
- Flash new mandatory new Oreo TWRP: Oreo TWRP
- Boot to the new TWRP recovery
- Perform a full wipe
- Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
- Optional: go to: wipe –> Advanced Wipe, tick ‘cache’ and click ‘repair or change File System’ –> change File System –> F2FS –> swipe to the right (hit back several times, and proceed the same way with ‘data’).
- Reboot System
- RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
- FM Radio
- All Sensors (including fingerprint)
- Lights; HW Keys
- Both storages & MTP
- HW de/encoding
- Camera (photos and video)
- GPS & aGPS
- madOS Extras (the features ya’all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: twrp
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-31
- LED notification
- RIL keeps disconnecting(Jio users are affected the most)
- Settings fc when you change display size under accessibility.
- Random locking of phone
- YouTube lags after using a long time.
We’ll keep updating the list, in-case you find some then let us know in comments.
Have queries? Check out the FAQ or ask us. Let us know your experience of this ROM.