How many times have you actually Googled this? And we bet that none of the answers are satisfying. Now listen! You can play YouTube Videos in background only in two ways. First method is to buy YouTube Red subscription which you probably won’t unless you are very loyal and live in a country that has YouTube Red support.
Second method is possible if your phone has been rooted by SuperSu or Magisk. Both root management applications use different module which is why you are here. Remember there’s no way you can play YouTube videos in background on non-rooted device. There are some apps which claim to do so but at the expense of your battery. Moreover these apps just act like an overlay and doesn’t turn off your screen.
Here’s a step by step guide. Users who use SuperSU follow method 1 and Magisk users follow method 2
Some notes before you begin:
- Before beginning, Uninstall YouTube from your device.
- The YouTube app on your device must be a user app so it can be uninstalled, in-case its a system app then disable YouTube from Settings and then follow this procedure.
- Never update the YouTube app that will be installed by this module from Play store. If you do then you’ll lose this feature and will have to follow the same procedure again.
Method 1 (SuperSu users)
In this method you must have Xposed Installed correctly on your device. We’ll be using a module to achieve Youtube Background Playback.
- Open Xposed app
- Go to downloads section and search for the module “YouTube Background Playback“
- Download and install that module
- Reboot the device
- Great! Now you can Play YouTube videos in background
ALSO SEE: How to use Snapchat on rooted device
Method 2 (Magisk Users)
The advantage of using Magisk is you get systemless root, and ability to play YouTube in background is a cherry on the cake. We prefer this method as doesn’t break SafetyNet API.
- Go to downloads in Magisk manager
- Search for “Injected YouTube Background Playback Vanced” and Install it.
- Reboot the device
In either method, YouTube Red will be installed on your device, and yeah, its free for lifetime. Sounds simple right? Go ahead and download this cool module.