After a lot of hue and cry for developing a near bugless custom ROM for Coolpad Note 3 Lite,Finally Team MAD launched MAD OS for Coolpad devices. Basically MAD OS is enhanced AOSP ROM which is based on Android 7.1.2 that can be customised as per users wish.
We all know that Nougat custom ROMs had a lot of issues, mainly video recording and poor RAM management (Coolpad devices). Though video recording could be fixed by using third party apps, it used to lag a lot. Using social media was a nightmare especially Instagram. The video quality was extremely poor.
Regarding the RAM management, the phone used to consume a lot of RAM after few days of usage. We had to restart the device every weekend to refresh the RAM. At times it even consumed 2.8 GB of RAM in standby mode. Many users complained about restart bug and app crashes. These are all critical bugs for which we needed a solution. Now, all this bugs have been solved with the release of MAD OS. Today we are going to a deep review about MAD OS for Coolpad Note 3 Lite.
We flashed the ROM, GApps and SuperSU via MAD TWRP. To our surprise, the ROM booted in just 50 seconds. No words to describe this! All other ROMs used to take 2-3 minute which is too long for a Nougat ROM. We set up the Google account and directly went to MADExtras in Settings. Though the customisation is minimal, its pretty good to modify the ROM to some extent. All features were working fine. Even hardware button remapping, LED notification, Double Tap To wake were working without any hiccups. The RAM management is also excellent. It has built in CPU governors.
- Wi-Fi hotspopt
- Video recording
- FM Radio
- Camera with flash
- Hardware button remap
- LED notification
- Anything not mentioned means the features are working fine
Whats Not working
- Only VoLTE
Some Important Notes:
- You can flash the ROM only using MAD TWRP
- You cant flash any other Zip files using MAD TWRP besides ROM, GApps and SuperSU/Magisk. This is because their TWRP doesn’t have busybox. You will either have to use other TWRP versions or change busybox to toybox in updater script.
- The ROM is not pre-rooted.
- You must clean install this ROM i.e Wipe everything except SD CARD.
- Regarding the battery drain, Team MAD said its fixed and it’s true. We charged the phone thrice and didn’t face any sort of Battery drain.
- MAD OS has built in bandmode settings. Now no need of using MTK Engineering Mode app to manually switch bands
- Video Recording is fixed, you may face fc when you launch the app for the first time. Just ignore it, everything is fine.
- Discharge your phone completely after flashing this ROM and then charge it fully in switch off mode. This will help in solving any battery drain issue.
How To Flash This ROM?
Your Coolpad Note 3 Lite must be rooted and have TWRP installed.
- If you are flashing MAD OS for the first time then follow this guide
- Download and flash MAD TWRP from here
- Download ROM from here: https://www.facebook.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers/
- Boot to recovery
- Wipe data if you are not coming from previous version of madOS already
- Install rom and (optional) Gapps (Google Apps)
2.If you are already on MAD OS and want to flash the new update then follow this step
- Download and flash this TWRP Recovery
- Now flash the MAD OS update zip
- Viola!! You are now on latest MAD OS
We used this ROM for 2 straight days and we couldn’t find a single bug. What surprised us the most is AnTuTu Benchmark, it showed 36,102 which is more than the stock ROM. Check the gallery below.
Coolpad has officially said that there will be no more development for Coolpad Note 3, Coolpad Note 3 Lite and Coolpad Note 3 Plus. This is really painful and customers are furious about this. They never provided OTA MM updates nor they released source codes because of MediaTek. They only released Kernel sources and Team MAD managed to compile MAD OS. Everyone flash this wonderful ROM. We recommend this even if you have never flashed a ROM.
Too good! What do you think? Is this an ultimate replacement to crappy Cool UI?
Tags: How to flash MAD OS?, MAD OS features, MAD OS coolpad, Will MAD OS factory reset my device?, Coolpad, Latest MAD OS For Coolpad, Latest MAD OS for Coolpad Note 3 Lite